EXCITING NEW ITINERARY!
One for nature lovers, this captivating trip offers a bewitching journey across Scandinavia’s breath-taking mountains, rivers, cities and fjords. Hunt for the Northern Lights in Nordcapp as you sip on bubbles with your fellow travellers and delve further into this fascinating part of the world. You’ll find out more about reindeer, from Sámi, the indigenous people of Scandinavia, who have been working with “the true hero of the Artic” for centuries. From the grand architecture of vibrant Helsinki to meeting adorable four-legged locals in Alta, adventure and intrigue await you on our Northern Lights of Scandinavia trip.
- Tromso: Delve into the fascinating history of Scandinavia as you meet its indigenous people, the Sami. You’ll be given a tour of their camp and get to feed the reindeer. Before sitting down to a scrumptious traditional meal served with hot drinks.
- Alta: Meet Trine Lyrek at her working husky farm. Gain an insight to the challenges Trine and her Alaskan Huskies face when competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- North Cape: What better way to search for the Northern Lights than by toasting to your adventure with bubbles with your fellow travellers?
- Oslo: On your orientation of Oslo city, see the medieval Akershus Castle and the Royal Palace.
- Helsinki. Enjoy a welcome drink at your hotel as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Ivalo: Your delicious Welcome Dinner will be served at the boutique Aurora Village hotel.
- Alta: Head for drinks at a local ice bar, where you’ll get the chance to catch up with your fellow travellers.
- Alta: A true highlight of the trip, you’ll enjoy a Highlight Dinner of seasonal salmon or reindeer, alongside some new four-legged friends.
- Tromso: Dine on traditional food, served with hot drinks with the fascinating Sami people, as you hear tales of Scandinavia from its indigenous people.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over New Year’s Eve and will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
STAY IN STYLE
- Helsinki: Set in a breath-taking location, Glo Art Hotel is situated close to the Sibelius Academy and Sinebrychoff Art Museum. Its Art Nouveau interior only adds to its grand allure, making it an idyllic place to rest up after a long day travelling.
- Aurora Village: Based hundreds of kilometres above the Arctic Circle, this idyllic destination offers contemporary cabins, with each including a mesmerising glass roof. Sit back with a glass of sparkling wine and watch the night sky change before you.
- North Cape: Set on Honningsvag’s pretty sea shore you’ll wake to glorious views of this pretty village. The hotel’s restaurant Bryggen, provides mouth-watering snacks, breakfast and dinner for the hungry traveller.
- Alta: Situated in central Alta, you’ll be in the perfect location to check out the area’s local highlights, including a UNESCO listed museum and a World Heritage Rock Art Centre. The hotel includes a sauna and relaxation suite so you can rest up after a day exploring.
- Tromso: Surrounded by impressive mountains and with views of the ethereal Tromsø Bay, this dreamy hotel offers an reinvigorating getaway for those in need of a little relaxation.
- Oslo: Centrally located, the Thon Hotel Opera is a contemporary base for keen shoppers and those looking to explore Oslo some more. The hotel offers delicious dining options in its modern Scala Restaurant and a variety of drinks in its luxe Eufemia bar.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Most Insight trips already include a host of bonus highlights and comprehensive sightseeing. There may also be an exciting array of Optional Experiences which will turn an already amazing experience into the trip of a lifetime! These are entirely optional and can be booked through your Travel Director/Local Representative at the commencement of your trip Please note, many Optional Experiences are operated by independent third party suppliers, not Insight Vacations. The Optionals and pricing listed here are a guideline only and subject to change.
GLO HOTEL ART HELSINKI
HELSINKI (HISTORIC) – FINLAND
GLO Hotel Art is a charming hotel, built around a century-old art nouveau castle. It is in the centre of Helsinki surrounded by the vivid Design District.
AURORA VILLAGE IVALO
IVALO (BOUTIQUE) – FINLAND
The boutique Aurora Village provides the best chance to witness the spectacular Northern Lights, all from the comfort of your private cabin! The laser heated panoramic glass ceiling ensures your personal sky views aren’t obstructed by ice or snowfall, while the in-room facilities allow you to enjoy the dancing Aurora Borealis over a cup of tea or coffee. Located hundreds of kilometres above the Artic Circle and surrounded by beautiful wilderness, you are still only a short drive from town.
SCANDIC BRYGGEN HONNINGSVG
HONNINGSVÅG (TRADITIONAL) – NORWAY
The Scandic Bryggen Honningsvag is conveniently located in the heart of the harbour town of Honningsvåg and offers sea views from the restaurant. Spacious rooms, with plush furnishings are ideal for your two night stay. Nordkapp, mainland Europe’s most northern point, is only a 40 minute drive through the beautiful scenery – keep an eye out for local wildlife during your journey – and is an ideal location to watch the Northern Lights.
ALTA (CONTEMPORARY) – NORWAY
The hotel is located in central Alta – the gateway to the Finnmark region, where you can combine an arctic experience with a modern and comfortable hotel stay.
RADISSON BLU HOTEL TROMS
TROMSØ (TRADITIONAL) – NORWAY
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø is located in the heart of the city known as the “gateway to the Artic.” The hotel’s glass bridge provides a great spot to glimpse the Northern Lights should they be viewable. The modern designed rooms feature free WiFi so you can stay connected throughout your stay.
THON HOTEL OPERA OSLO
OSLO (CONTEMPORARY) – NORWAY
DATES & PRICES
Wednesday 30 October 2019 – Friday 08 November 2019 fr $4,937*pp
Wednesday 27 November 2019 – Friday 06 December 2019 fr $5,077*pp
Wednesday 25 December 2019 – Friday 03 January 2020 fr $5,747*pp
Wednesday 22 January 2020 – Friday 31 January 2020 fr $5,099*pp
Wednesday 19 February 2020 – Friday 28 February 2020 fr $5,099*pp
Wednesday 18 March 2020 – Friday 27 March 2020 fr $5,099*pp
Wednesday 15 April 2020 – Friday 24 April 2020 fr $4,937*pp