HURRY, SALE ENDS 27 APR!
This is the perfect journey for those seeking the allures of Europe through meaningful encounters with locals. Come face to face with a Royal Horse Guard in London, take a gourmet foodie walk through the backstreets of Paris and meet a nature ranger on top of Switzerland’s soaring Mount Stanserhorn. Then it’s on to Venice to meet a gondolier and learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation. Taste of Europe is your chance to experience the best of Europe.
Enjoy a welcome dinner in one of London’s iconic local pubs over a pint, as you get to know your fellow travellers. Experience local life with small-group dining in intimate restaurants around Lucerne on your Dine-Around evening. Sip canal-side Bellini cocktails in Venice at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone off to their mainland hotels.
- Return airfare with the world’s 5* airline, Qatar Airways to London, returning from Venice
- 9 Day Fully-Escorted 5* luxury coach tour visiting England, France, Italy & Switzerland
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- Highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- London: Your Local Expert will show you London’s most iconic highlights, including Piccadilly Circus, Parliament Square, Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and the Lion’s guarding Nelson’s Column at Trafalgar Square. Stop for a photo beside an iconic red telephone box and stroll along The Mall to Buckingham Palace and to witness the Changing of the Guard, when available. Meet a Royal Horse Guard and learn about the intricacies of serving in HM The Queen’s Mounted Bodyguard. Then try on the regal uniform for yourself and discover the symbolism hidden in the details.
- Stanserhorn: Journey to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn and learn about local wildlife from a Swiss Ranger.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Meet a gondolier and learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you travel from London to Paris via the historic Channel Tunnel.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church when you explore with your Travel Director.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you pass the areas of Burgundy, the Swiss Alps, the Italian Lake District, Lombardy and Veneto.
- Venice: Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Paris: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests to enjoy dinner and wine in the heart of Paris at a local restaurant.
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life and try some local delicacies in a pâtisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier on an off-the-beaten-track gourmet walking journey.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Venice: In St. Marks Square at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone to their mainland hotels, sip Bellini cocktails canal-side before a delicious Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Included Quality Dining: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with a local specialty representing the destination.
17 – 27 Aug 2018
Surcharges may apply for other dates