HURRY, SALE ENDS 30 JUN!
Sail the Baltic Sea, crossing rolling tundra and glassy fjords in your search for the midnight sun, all the while enjoying the local culture, history and striking scenery.
Call 1300 852 182 or enquire below to find out more!
- Alta: Meet Trine Lyrek at her working husky farm. Gain an insight to the challenges Trine and her Alaskan Huskies face when competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races. There’s also time to have a play with these gorgeous pups.
- Rovaniemi: Meet Santa Clause when you visit his village where it is Christmas all year round! From his post office, you can make sure that Santa sends Christmas letters to friends and family back home come December.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at Tivoli Gardens, the famous entertainment park.
- Copenhagen: Explore with your Local Expert. See Hans Christian Andersen’s Little Mermaid on the harbour, the Renaissance Stock Exchange, Rosenborg Castle and Amalienborg Palace.
- Copenhagen: With a Local Expert, witness the regal interior of Christiansborg Palace, with its stunning tapestries, furnishings and decor.
- Øresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It’s the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 8 kilometres.
- Cruise: Admire the beautiful views from your high-class, sea-view cabin as your cruise through the largest archipelago in the world, from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Stockholm: Wander through Gamla Stan, the Old Town, with your Local Expert to see the cathedral and the Royal Palace.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles. You’ll also see the Blå hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held.
- Helsinki: Your Local Expert will show you the sights of the harbour city. Visit the Church in the Rock, admire the interesting Sibelius Monument and see Finlandia Hall before enjoying free time to explore the harbour of this fascinating city of design.
- Kuopio: Admire the spectacular panoramic views from atop Puijo Tower.
- Oulu: Visit Northern Finland’s oldest city. It is also one of the most important harbour cities in all of Northern Europe.
- Rovaniemi: See Alvar Aalto’s Town Hall and visit the cathedral. You’ll even receive an Arctic Circle Crossing certificate.
- Sodankylä: Visit one of Lapland’s oldest churches.
- Karasjok: See the Sami Parliament.
- Karasjok: Visit the museum devoted to Sami history and culture, offering a glimpse into the old Sami lifestyle.
- North Cape: Journey to mainland Europe’s most northern point to see something that doesn’t happen – sunset! Even at midnight, the sun clings to the horizon. This once-in-a-lifetime unique experience is accompanied by champagne and caviar to make it even more special.
- Mosjøen: See the street of historic, 19th century wooden buildings and Norway’s oldest octagonal church.
- Hell: Tell all your friends you travelled through!
- Trondheim: During you orientation with your Travel Director, see the Market Square and its statue of Olav Tryggvason, the Nidaros Cathedral, the Tyholt Tower and Old Town Bridge.
- Geiranger: Cruise along the deep, blue waters of majestic Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls and lush green vegetation.
- Lom: The Lomskyrkja is one of the biggest and most beautiful stave churches in Norway, and dates back to 1158.
- Lillehammer: Explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Oslo: Stand beneath the scrolled prows and handcut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture when you visit the Viking Ship Museum.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Oslo: With your Local Expert, see Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour and the Royal Palace.
- Scenic Drives: You’ll be enamoured by the natural beauty of Scandinavia as you travel through the Skåne Region, along Lake Vättern, through Lapland and upon the Four Winds’ Road. Pass Kåfjord, the Lyngen Alps, the Rago National Park, Laksfoss Falls, through Norwegian Fjordland, past Dovre Mountains, the Rondane National Park and through Pyr Gynt Country.
- Alta: Savour a delicious oven-baked dinner of local seasonal specialities of fresh salmon or the local’s favourite, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 19 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 8 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Most Insight trips already include a host of bonus highlights and comprehensive sightseeing. There may also be an exciting array of Optional Experiences which will turn an already amazing experience into the trip of a lifetime! These are entirely optional and can be booked through your Travel Director/Local Representative at the commencement of your trip Please note, many Optional Experiences are operated by independent third party suppliers, not Insight Vacations. The Optionals and pricing listed here are a guideline only and subject to change.
NORTH ZEALAND CASTLE TOUR
Drive along the scenic coastal road of the Danish Riviera to the castles of North Zealand. See Fredensborg, the summer residence of the Royal Family, then visit Fredriksborg, the largest Renaissance palace in Scandinavia. It’s now a museum, so the tour through the beautiful rooms is an encounter with the kings and queens who shaped the country’s history. En-route, pass through picturesque villages of half-timbered houses and thatched roofs.
Adult Price: EUR 51.00
TRADITIONAL DANISH DINNER
Home to some of the world’s best restaurants, Copenhagen is currently experiencing a culinary renaissance. Make the most of the long summer evenings and join us for a three-course dinner Danish style in the heart of Copenhagen. Two glasses of wine, beer or soft drinks are included with your meal.
Adult Price: EUR 69.00
SWEDISH SUMMER DINNER
This evening, we dine “Swedish Style.” Savour a succulent three-course meal with beer, wine & soft drinks. Soak up the atmosphere of the traditional surroundings while enjoying its history and design.
Adult Price: EUR 64.00
When the Vasa was launched in 1628, it was arguably the world’s most powerful warship. Bristling with 64 cannon and carrying some 300 men, it was built to strike the fear of God into the enemy. Unfortunately, it sank on its maiden voyage. Raised from Stockholm harbour in 1961, this grand galleon remains almost wholly preserved, along with 700 wooden sculptures and ornaments. Your visit will provide a unique insight into early shipbuilding techniques and everyday life on board a 17c naval vessel.
Adult Price: EUR 38.00
RUSSIAN DINNER IN HELSINKI
As the capital city in a former Grand Duchy of the Russian Tsarist empire, Helsinki has always been famous for its Russian restaurants – even amongst the Russians. Tonight we enjoy an evening of authentic, pre-revolution Russian cuisine in an atmosphere of times gone by.
Adult Price: EUR 65.00
FLY OVER HELSINKI
An exclusive chance to enjoy Helsinki from above. This three-part grand-slam tour begins with a state-of-the-art Cinematic Experience which takes you virtually on a flight over Helsinki. Fly Tour Helsinki is the newest attraction in a city renowned for its cutting-edge technology and daring design. Afterwards, we’ll savour a some local Finnish delicacies and refreshments before commencing our ride inside a glass pod of the Helsinki Sky Wheel, Helsinki’s answer to the London Eye! Finally, we finish off with a drive out to see the Baltic Ice-Breaker Ships that keep shipping lanes open during the icy winters! – A unique and exciting introduction to Helsinki and to Finland.
Adult Price: EUR 49.00
RANUA WILDLIFE PARK
A visit to the Arctic wildlife park where more than 50 species of nordic animals live in their natural habitat. Our local guide introduces us to the unique wildlife of Northern Scandinavia.
Adult Price: EUR 59.00
THE ARCTIC CENTRE & PIONEER FARM
Visit a pioneer farm, now converted into a museum for a fascinating glimpse into rural life and traditions from the 19th Century. Continue to the tubular glass frame of the Arktikum, a one-stop cultural centre for all things Arctic. This is the world’s first museum dedicated to the demanding conditions and challenge of coping with life in the dark, cold and barren Arctic.
Adult Price: EUR 43.00
TRADITIONAL LAPLAND DINNER AT A FAMILY REINDEER FARM
Leave the 20th century behind and join a Sami family at their farm situated on the Arctic Circle. Meet Rudolf and his brothers and learn all about reindeer husbandry. During the evening you are initiated into the Sami culture with a traditional dinner.
Adult Price: EUR 67.00
BETWEEN A ROCK AND HARD PLACE
First a guided visit to the UNESCO-listed Alta Museum to see world-famous rock carvings. Continue with a stunning stroll along the beautiful shore of the Alta Fjord where you’ll learn about life here six-thousand years ago. Meet a local artisan and slate cutter who’ll share stories about his craft, then become a slate cutter yourself and create your very own masterpiece to take home. An interactive and charming experience!
Adult Price: EUR 55.00
THE ULTIMATE ARCTIC EXPERIENCE – SEA BIRDS AND ARCTIC CRUISE
Embark upon a journey across an almost ‘lunar’ landscape to reach one of the most northerly fishing villages in the world. From here we’ll set sail upon a 90-minute Arctic Adventure around the Gjesværstappen, a necklace of islands that’s a protected nesting area for Puffins, Kittiwakes, Gannets, Guillemots and White Tailed Eagles! Other potential fauna sightings include Grey Seal and Porpoise. Transportation and survival suits are provided.
Adult Price: EUR 109.00
WILDERNESS RIVER ADVENTURE
Enjoy warm drinks and Norwegian waffles by the campfire at Sorrisniva, the site of the world-famous Igloo Hotel. Then, an exciting ride up the Alta River in a traditional river boat for scenery and thrills! A true north outdoor experience!
Adult Price: EUR 57.00
RAILWAY JOURNEY FROM SWEDEN
We take a railway ride on the Ofot Railway, an incredible engineering feat, constructed over 100 years ago to transport supplies of iron ore from Kiruna to Narvik for shipment around the world. The journey offers us incredible views of the surrounding fjords as the train clings to the mountainside.
Adult Price: EUR 34.00
THE TROLL’S ROAD
Your tour of Geiranger includes a scenic drive up the Eagle’s Road, offering amazing views of the Geiranger Fjord and the stunning Seven Sisters Waterfall. At the small village of Eidsdal, cross the fjord by ferry and climb up through the abundant fruit growing valleys. Leave civilisation behind as you venture high above the tree line for some of the most breathtaking scenery. Now on to the Troll’s Road, a masterpiece of engineering built over 70 years ago. (This optional is seasonal)
Adult Price: EUR 48.00
EUROPE’S HIGHEST FJORD AT DALSNIBBA
In the comfort of your coach, climb 1500 metres to the highest possible fjord view in Europe at Dalsnibba mountain. Enjoy breathtaking views of the famous Geiranger fjord and the surrounding glacier topped mountains. For the bold, test your nerve on the Geiranger Skywalk suspended over a 500 metre drop. (Weather permitting and Seasonal)
Adult Price: EUR 31.00
ARCTIC EXPLORERS AND THE POLAR SHIP FRAM
Step aboard the polar ship Fram, the strongest wooden ship ever built, to experience the life and work of Norway’s famous Arctic explorers. The expeditions of Fridtjof Nansen and Roald Amundsen come to life in the interactive exhibitions of this museum, which also houses the Gjøa, the first ship to navigate the entire Northwest Passage.
Adult Price: EUR 38.00
June 2018: 22, 24, 29
July 2018: 01, 06, 08, 13, 20, 22, 29,
August 2018: 03, 05, 10, 12, 17, 19